Departing Nemours was a little too exciting. Overnight the rains had continued to push the River Loing deeper into flood. As we readied for departure the river was churning along off Wanderlust’s port side. Continue reading
With the rains continuing to swell the River Loing we had a choice. We could hunker down on the river in Moret-sur-Loing and wait out the flood. Or we could continue onto the protected waters of the Canal du Loing nearby. If stayed moored in Moret we might be pinned down for some time. Being stuck in Moret is hardly a hardship but it seemed best to move on while we still could.